Stir fry is always quick and easy. It can be made in minutes and doesn’t require a lot of thought. I also love that it’s one pot. With this recipe, I’ll serve it with brown rice or else wrap it in tortillas.
I am purposely not including an amount of meat or what type. This will work with anything. The more beef you use, just increase the vegetables proportionally. It’s very forgiving, so whatever you do will be delicious. I usually use a pepper steak and because we are big eaters I figure 3/4 lb. per person give or take.
- Corn tortillas (optional)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 sliced poblano, ( I don’t use this and it’s just fine)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 sliced medium sweet onion
- 1 sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Combine the beef, 2 tablespoons lime juice, and 1 tablespoon chili powder
2. Heat oil then add onion, bell pepper, and poblano and sauté for 5 minutes.
3. Add beef and marinade to vegetables then cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add salt and black pepper.
4. Combine beans, avocado, , 1/4 cup cilantro, together with the remaining lime juice and chili powder.
5. Garnish beef and vegetables with remaining cilantro. Then serve.
If you don’t like cilantro you could do without it. For a more asian flavor you could use toasted sesame oil.